About the Senior Real Estate Specialist Program
REALTORS® who want to specialize in the real estate needs of maturing Americans are earning the Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES®) designation by taking the SRES® course designed and conferred by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC) of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The SRES® designation was originally developed by the Senior Advantage Real Estate Council in 1997 to focus on the needs of home buyers and sellers aged 50+. It became an official member of the NAR family of designations in March 2007.
The SRES® course highlights topics including distinguishing characteristics and trends related to the 50+ population; housing, finance, and retirement income considerations of these consumers; outreach methods for building 50+ clientele; and counseling strategies to help clients and customers plan ahead for life transitions.
- Key differences in housing options, from age-restricted communities to age-in-place design to assisted living
- Applications of the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Ins and outs of reverse mortgages
- How to use pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Ways in which Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security affect real estate decisions of clients and customers who are 50+
- How to recognize and protect their clients from mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that target 50+ borrowers
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® is experienced and knowledgeable in meeting your specific needs and that can make all the difference in the world.